On today’s episode, we’re talking with Diana Doukas, manager for economic impact for U.S. policy programs at Facebook. Find out how her work helps empower small businesses in Nebraska and beyond.
Down To Business:
On today’s episode of Just Biz, Omaha Style we’re talking with Diana Doukas, manager for economic impact for U.S. policy programs at Facebook. She isn’t our typical guest, because she doesn’t run a small business, but her work helps empower small businesses in Nebraska and beyond.
Diana is a public affairs and corporate social responsibility executive with almost 15 years of White House, government, corporate, political and non-profit experience managing budgets of more than $10 million.
She is skilled at building public-private partnerships and has proven success in designing programs that help small businesses create a culture shift by embedding their values.
Listen to the full podcast to hear Diana talk about:
- How her career path led her to Facebook
- Her experience working with the small business community
- Why she couldn’t have plotted her career path if she tried
- How she learned to trust her gut
- How she built a community around her
- What exactly she does at Facebook
- What Facebook is doing to help small businesses
- What tools Facebook has to help businesses
- How businesses can do community outreach
- How she has personally helped small businesses
Listen to the full podcast in the audio player above or the timestamps below to jump to a specific section.
1:50 – Meet Diana
2:08 – Career path
3:01 – Losing out on jobs and promotions
3:55 – What she learned from failure
6:21 – Her role at Facebook
7:21 – How Facebook helps businesses
10:55 – Re-entering the workforce
13:56 – Business resource hub
16:38 – Most value Facebook tool
18:22 – Outreach in the community
19:45 – How she helps small businesses
22:37 – Digital shift
25:59 – Anything else?
“I always had a really big interest and passion for government and the good that government can do.” – Diana
Click here for more episodes…
Get In Touch:
If you have questions or want to be a guest, call: 402-281-0750 or email email@example.com
Connect with us on Facebook!